When you see a game with a name like Boyfriend Dungeon on it at PAX West, your mind starts racing as to what it could specifically be about. Turns out it was a pretty awesome concept. Created by Kitfox Games in Canada, the game is half dating sim half dungeon crawler. For half the game you live an ordinary life, you have an apartment, a mom who texts you, and you have a dating life. You can choose to be any gender you wish and look however you’d like, while also seeking out a date/partner/lover in the process. Here’s the catch: the dates you go on are the dungeons you crawl through and your date is the weapon you use to clear them out. Pretty cool, right?
I had a ton of fun finding what you would call the “best date” to head into the museum or the mall and taking out whatever lay in my path as I collected treasure. When you die, you don’t really die, your date just ends early. I honestly can’t wait for a full version of this game to be released. As of this post, Boyfriend Dungeon currently has a Kickstarter going, as they aim for a 2019 release on PC.
- Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is Coming to Modern Consoles
- Death Has a Mixtape in Felix The Reaper at PAX West
- Exploring New Gaming Headsets with Turtle Beach at PAX West
- Fighting for Domination in Swords and Soldiers II Shawarmageddon at PAX West
- Looking Over New Titles from Breaking Games at PAX West
- Twisted Metal Meets Hockey: We Tried Mad Machines at PAX West
- Checking Out the Improvements Made to Astroneer at PAX West
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy Coming to Multiple Consoles in 2019 - September 23, 2018
- Troy Baker Debuts as Latest Character in New Death Stranding Trailer - September 23, 2018
- Capcom and Tatio Announce Street Fighter V for Arcade - September 23, 2018
- 200th Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series: Day 1 in Columbus - September 22, 2018
- Sunless Skies Finally Gets a Release Date for Early 2019 - September 22, 2018