One of the games we didn’t expect to find at PAX West was a little title you may be familiar with in Storm Boy: The Game. Blowfish Games brought a short demo of the game for people to check out, but the key word about the demo is “short”. The game is based on Colin Thiele’s short story, and much to the same effect, the game plays like the book to a degree. Basically, we got to walk along the beach for a minute while a seagull followed us. We played with a ball, drew some shapes in the sand, mildly interacted with a few objects and then off we went.
The demo in total lasted about five minutes because, as you may have guessed, a game based on a short story doesn’t have a ton of content when it’s just a demo. Storm Boy: The Game is still marked as “coming soon”, as we weren’t given a proper release date. We’re thinking this will probably end up being a holiday release.
- Switching Focus in Shift Quantum at PAX West
- Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is Coming to Modern Consoles
- Death Has a Mixtape in Felix The Reaper at PAX West
- Exploring New Gaming Headsets with Turtle Beach at PAX West
- Fighting for Domination in Swords and Soldiers II Shawarmageddon at PAX West
- Looking Over New Titles from Breaking Games at PAX West
- Twisted Metal Meets Hockey: We Tried Mad Machines at PAX West
- Checking Out the Improvements Made to Astroneer at PAX West
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Getting Special Endowment “Salute Pack” - October 22, 2018
- Oculus Co-Founder Brendan Iribe Departs After Project Cancellation - October 22, 2018
- Players Are Slamming Shadow of the Tomb Raider After Sudden Sale - October 22, 2018
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018