One of the games we didn’t expect to find at PAX West was a little title you may be familiar with in Storm Boy: The Game. Blowfish Games brought a short demo of the game for people to check out, but the key word about the demo is “short”. The game is based on Colin Thiele’s short story, and much to the same effect, the game plays like the book to a degree. Basically, we got to walk along the beach for a minute while a seagull followed us. We played with a ball, drew some shapes in the sand, mildly interacted with a few objects and then off we went.
The demo in total lasted about five minutes because, as you may have guessed, a game based on a short story doesn’t have a ton of content when it’s just a demo. Storm Boy: The Game is still marked as “coming soon”, as we weren’t given a proper release date. We’re thinking this will probably end up being a holiday release.
- Switching Focus in Shift Quantum at PAX West
- Edna & Harvey: The Breakout is Coming to Modern Consoles
- Death Has a Mixtape in Felix The Reaper at PAX West
- Exploring New Gaming Headsets with Turtle Beach at PAX West
- Fighting for Domination in Swords and Soldiers II Shawarmageddon at PAX West
- Looking Over New Titles from Breaking Games at PAX West
- Twisted Metal Meets Hockey: We Tried Mad Machines at PAX West
- Checking Out the Improvements Made to Astroneer at PAX West
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Shows Off New Character “V” in Latest Trailer - December 18, 2018
- Square Enix Confirms Life is Strange 2 – Episode 2 Release Date - December 18, 2018
- Review: Nike’s PG 2.5 PlayStation Classic Colorway - December 18, 2018
- Last Year: The Nightmare Officially Launches on Discord - December 18, 2018