Comic book retailer activist group ComicsPRO has announced a Comic Industry One-Day Conference to be held on September 27th, in two weeks time, at the Baltimore Convention Center, alongside the Baltimore Comic-Con.
This conference will feature a series of one-hour presentations to help retailers improve their businesses.
“This is the first one-day conference we’ve organized.” said Peter Dolan, President of ComicsPRO. “It will hopefully be the first in a series of Fall conferences – each focused on ‘nuts-and-bolts’ presentations/workshops.”
This year’s presentations will be announced in the next two weeks. I should hope so, given when it is scheduled for.
They may include:
- Working with schools
- Free Comic Book Day
- Local Comic Shop Day
- Social media class
- Working with universities and libraries
- Human resources
- Diversifying product mix
- Building a kids section and customer base
- How to profitably sell back Issues
Every retailer attending the Comic Industry One Day Conference will be presented with a gift bag that will include a copy of the 2018 Baltimore Comic-Con VIP Yearbook (Strangers in Paradise) and various other giveaways from Diamond and major publishers. Attending retailers will also receive free attendance to Baltimore Comic-Con.
“We are super happy and excited that the Comic Industry one-day conference is the day before Baltimore Comic-Con” said Marco Davanzo, Executive Director of ComicsPRO. “Baltimore Comic-Con is one of the best in the business. Fans and vendors love it.”
The Cost for registration is $19 for ComicsPRO members, $29 for non-member storefront retailers. Publishers, Distributors, and other interested comics professionals are also invited to attend.
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018