You may know Benjamin Percy for writing Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Teen Titans and Nightwing. He’s one of those people hired by the Big Two for a comic book series who haven’t written comics before and who aren’t meant to exist.
But that’s because he’s also a successful novelist, including The Dark Net, The Dead Lands, Red Moon, and The Wilding as well as being a contributing editor to Esquire and a writer for GQ, Time, Men’s Journal, Outside, The Wall Street Journal, The Paris Review, Tin House, Glimmer Train, McSweeney’s, and Ploughshares.
But his latest work is a sci-fi trilogy The Comet Cycle about the aftermath of a meteor shower that drastically changes the world. It will be made up of the three titles The Ninth Metal, The Unfamiliar Garden and Sky Fault.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is to publish it in the US and Hodderscape in the UK.
But right from the bat, the Russo Brothers who moved from Arrested Development and Community to direct Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War have already optioned the series for a new movie franchise, from their company Agbo Films.
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018
- Comic Bistro Opens In Aberdeen This Weekend - October 20, 2018
- Complete Guide To List of Names on Dick Grayson’s Phone in Titans Episode 2 - October 20, 2018
- Lois Lane’s New Book is Called ‘My Life With Superman’… in Action Comics #1004 - October 20, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 20th October 2018 - October 20, 2018