One of the few board game appointments we got to check out at PAX West this year was a visit on the skybridge with Breaking Games. The first one on the list is Pocket Dungeon Quest, a simple game where you play as one of four different explorers going over a 10×10 grid in search for hidden relics. All you have to do is fight monsters, collect gems, get spells and weapons to help you collect items and fight people off, then escape with your life and the items to win. Very quick and fun to play with 2-4 people.
Next up is a timely card game called Fake News. The game plays a little bit like Snake Oil, in the sense that you have a topic card and a picture card that you use to pitch a fake news story to a player who has an audience card. The catch is that you don’t know what the audience is you’re selling your news story to until after all of your stories have run and they reveal what they are. Then they choose who they like the most. It’s a very fun and topical card game that we can’t wait to review.
The last game is one that isn’t in production yet but is on the way called Expancity. This one plays like Sim City to a degree, where you will place down tile cards that ask for residential or businesses to be built in certain areas, and then you’ll create towers of varying heights to create your city. You also have objective cards such as “Build a 3 story residential building next to a hospital and police station” which will give you bonus points. We didn’t get a release date yet from the company, but we look forward to playing it when it comes out.
- Revisiting Witch It at PAX West as the Game Comes to Consoles
- Memory at a Party: We Played UFO A Go-Go at PAX West
- Revisiting the Light of Projection at PAX West
- Getting a Small Preview of Storm Boy: The Game at PAX West
- Playing Boyfriend Dungeon at PAX West Made Us Question How We Date
- Adventure is Family as We Played Children of Morta at PAX West
- A Game That Says What It Is: We Tried Space Cows at PAX West
- Puzzle Combat Galore with The World Next Door at PAX West
- Exploring New Gaming Headsets with Turtle Beach at PAX West
- Fighting for Domination in Swords and Soldiers II Shawarmageddon at PAX West
- Twisted Metal Meets Hockey: We Tried Mad Machines at PAX West
- Checking Out the Improvements Made to Astroneer at PAX West
- Scared of the '90s: We Played World Of Horror at PAX West
- We Tried Rebel Galaxy Outlaw at PAX West and Now Need to Live Here
- Mocking Fighting Games with Super Combat Fighter at PAX West
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018