Debuting at SPX next weekend, here’s a preview of smallness, a new comic by Ashanti Fortson that asks the question: “what do you do when you can’t run away from your biggest mistake?” The comic follows protagonist Akma as she travels across the stars, trying to figure out how to make peace with herself after screwing up an important opportunity. Sure, there’s no superhero fisticuffs in this comic, but there is an experience we can all relate to.
For example, we think a lot about that time, a few years back, when we decided to purchase an X-Box One instead of a PS4, not knowing that, years later, they’d release a cool-ass Spider-Man game for PS4 and we wouldn’t be able to play it. It’s one of our life’s greatest regrets. Sure, Akma’s problem is just a little bit bigger than that, but still… we can relate, is all we’re saying.
Forston will be at SPX September 15th and 16th in Bethesda, Maryland, and you can pick up a copy there for fifteen bucks. Afterward, it will be available at their Etsy store and on Itch.io, where there are more comics available as well.
Check out the preview below.
After she makes a mistake that sends her dreams crashing down around her, a young engineer struggles to cope with the enormity of her failure.
- Kavanaugh Alleged Sexual Assault Witness Reading Superman Comics in Delaware Hideout - September 25, 2018
- Stranger Things, Umbrella Academy, Black Hammer, and More Dark Horse NYCC Exclusives - September 25, 2018
- Finally! An Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant by Rob Liefeld - September 25, 2018
- Grant Morrison Reimagines Green Lantern as a Dude Who Crashes on Your Couch (Preview) - September 25, 2018
- Marvel Recycles 40-Year-Old Dave Cockrum Art for Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - September 25, 2018