TBA may be the most famous artist in comics whose work has never been seen by the public. Frequently announced alongside A-list writers for new books from Marvel Comics, TBA is always replaced by another artist by the time the book hits stores, leaving fans to wonder what could have been if TBA had finally been allowed to complete a project.
Is TBA difficult to work with? Are they unable to meet deadlines? And if so, why does Marvel keep hiring them to launch books only to pull them off at the last second?
We don’t have answers to those questions, but we may have an EXCLUSIVE here. Celebrating the international holiday of X-Men Monday, ukulele-wearing, fedora-playing Marvel X-editor Jordan White revealed this unused cover sketch to the upcoming Shatterstar #4:
WHOA–almost forgot about #XMenMonday! Let's get some quickies out there before jumping back into a mountain of work.
Here's an unused cover sketch for Shatterstar #4! pic.twitter.com/QVgDrDy7DC
— Jordan D. White (@cracksh0t) September 10, 2018
White doesn’t credit TBA specifically, or any artist for that matter, and only editor Chris Robinson and writer Tim Seeley are tagged in the tweet. Also, there is no signature on the art. Did TBA draw this? We can only assume they did.
Of course, some might argue that the sketch is by series cover artist Yasmine Putri. Who knows? If Jordan White does, he’s not telling.
The first issue of Shattestar is out on October 3rd, and final order cutoff is today.
(W) Tim Seeley (A) Carlos Villa, Gerardo Sandoval (CA) Yasmine Putri
A gladiator, a warrior, a hero…the man called Shatterstar has been many things, but one thing he’s always been is deadly. He’s not a man you want to cross or you’ll learn that fact all too well. Walk back into the darkness with Shatterstar.
In Shops: Oct 03, 2018
Final Orders Due: Sep 10, 2018
- Goodbye, Stan Lee [X-ual Healing 11-14-18] - November 18, 2018
- Ex-NYPD Cop Who Got Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter a Gun Permit Says He Received Movie Premiere Tickets at Bribery Trial - November 18, 2018
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018
- Stark Unlimited is the New Apple in Next Week’s Tony Stark Iron Man #6 - November 17, 2018