The last game we got to mess with at Annapurna Interactive’s booth was a brand new game called Ashen. This game has a pretty cool mythology behind the story as it talks about how there used to be three different people who enjoyed the light before it was snuffed out. Only recently has it started to return, and it’s up to the humans who currently occupy the world to help it bring everything back out of the darkness. But like any darkness-ridden world, there are people who prefer it be dark. So you have other people and creatures trying to stop you on your quest with friends.
The gameplay was a little rickety at times, but that’s forgivable as it’s a demo. The story behind it is far more fascinating and had us enthralled from the start. This is yet another game from the company that has a 2018 release date but they won’t give a firm calendar date. We’re looking forward to when Ashen is finally released, but in its current state, we’re guessing it’ll be bumped back into next year and we’ll see it again at PAX East.
- Scared of the '90s: We Played World Of Horror at PAX West
- We Tried Rebel Galaxy Outlaw at PAX West and Now Need to Live Here
- Mocking Fighting Games with Super Combat Fighter at PAX West
- Space and Time Mess With Us in Outer Wilds at PAX West
- Feel the Power Of My Hammer at PAX West with RemiLore
- Going Back to Game Boy with Save Me Mr. Tako at PAX West
- A Much More Intense Puzzler: We Played Crystal Crisis at PAX West
- Strategy in the Clouds As We Played Driftland at PAX West
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018
- Epic Games Stops Leaker After Threatening Legal Action - December 16, 2018
- Microsoft Tracked Down Internal Leakers With Serial Number Embedding - December 16, 2018