The moment I saw My Friend Pedro on the PAX West floor, I knew I had to play if, if for only a few moments. Because I was thinking the same thing a lot of people were probably thinking when they saw the original trailer, and that is that it looks like a Deadpool game without the Marvel skins. If you haven’t been exposed to this game yet, here’s the short version. You’re a badass killer who can practically kill anything with whatever you can get your hands on, and you’re being influenced by a talking banana with a smiley face in your head. Sound a little familiar?
As far as the gameplay goes, this was absolutely fun as hell. Getting the timing right, slowing down time, the satisfaction of a kill with a double stick mechanic, even when you’re sloppy and manage to just kick a knife into someone’s face. Everything about this is smooth and joyful. My Friend Pedro is basically a sleeper hit waiting to happen. Sadly, w have to wait for some unknown date in 2019 for that to actually happen. Hurry up and finish it!
- Surviving on Wits Alone with Dying Light: Bad Blood at PAX West
- Getting a Grand Preview of Grandia and Grandia II HD Remaster at PAX West
- We Try Out Let It Die on PC at PAX West
- Addressing Being a Copy with Ninjala at PAX West
- Gato Roboto Gave Us the Right Kind of Smile at PAX West
- Checkout Out a Loaded Throwback with Metal Wolf Chaos XD at PAX West
- Breaking Out Our DJ Skills with Spin Rhythm at PAX West
- Jammin' Logs with Log Jammers at PAX West! You Heard Me!
- What Happened to the Bees? We Play Bee Simulator at PAX West
- Getting One Last Play of Dragon Quest XI at PAX West Before Release
- GIVEAWAY: Summoners War Funko POP! Figures - November 15, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Will Soon Be Getting a Set of Wines - November 15, 2018
- Sony Says They Will Not Be Attending E3 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Creed: Rise to Glory Receives a Creed II Character Update - November 15, 2018
- Universal Games Announces Mobile Title DreamWorks Dragons: Titan Uprising - November 15, 2018