We’re getting pretty excited about the upcoming Netflix The Witcher series, and showrunner/head writer Lauren S. Hissrich is fueling much of that excitement. She’s been our best source of confirmed information about the live-action series based on “The Witcher” books by Andrzej Sapkowski (not the video game series of the same name), and shares often about her process.
Most recently, it was the reveal that fan casting top pick to play the lead character of Geralt of Rivia was indeed going to be Henry Cavill, and that he had been in play for months before the official casting confirmation.
Turns out, Hissrich is currently in process to cast another character for The Witcher, and shared a bit about it on her Twitter:
Sunday morning, watching casting for a major #Witcher role while my kids play around on the floor. I don’t even think about what I’m doing, until the 5-year-old looks up: “Mommy, are you mad that she keeps using the bad F-word?”
— Lauren S. Hissrich (@LHissrich) September 9, 2018
As far as we know, the series doesn’t have an expected premiere date yet, since casting hasn’t been finalized, and production hasn’t started.
We’ll let you know as soon as we learn anything else about The Witcher. Who would you like to see play Yennefer, or Triss, or Ciri?
- Warner Bros. Focusing on Supergirl Film, Drops Superman Plans
- 'The Witcher': Henry Cavill Comments on Geralt Casting
- Henry Cavill Confirmed to Star in Netflix's Adaptation of The Witcher
- Netflix's 'The Witcher' Showrunner Responds to Script Leak
- BossLogic Designs Henry Cavill as Geralt in 'The Witcher' TV Show Poster
- Season 7 Will be the Last for ‘Orange is the New Black’ - October 17, 2018
- 9 Photos from ‘Outlander’ Season 4 Have Jamie, Claire, and More - October 17, 2018
- New Teaser for ‘Vikings’ Season 5b Brings the Blood and Chaos - October 17, 2018
- Chris Hemsworth has Wrapped Filming on ‘Men In Black’ - October 17, 2018
- Edna Mode’s “Designing Fabulous” Featurette from ‘Incredibles 2’ DVD - October 17, 2018