GungHo Entertainment brought along a little throwback for us at PAX West with a preview of Grandia and Grandia II HD Remaster. Another in a line of remastered RPG’s coming out of our childhoods, both games pretty much play like they did from way back when they were released in 1999 and 2000 respectfully. Almost to the point where I wish there was more to write here. It was a preview that gave us a sampling of some dialog as well as going through a few battle sequences, but nothing has really changed as far as the core games themselves.
The company didn’t give us any kind of timetable as to when we’d see them officially released, and the preview we got was somewhere near the first third of each game so we didn’t really get much of how much progress they’ve made in cleaning up the originals and porting them over. We’re just going to assume we won’t see them until near summer 2019 at this rate.
- Just a Painter With a Dream as We Play Eastshade at PAX West
- Testing Observer on Nintendo Switch at PAX West
- Getting a Quick Preview of The Padre During PAX West
- Running Into Blast Man and Impact Man in Mega Man 11 at PAX West
- Surviving on Wits Alone with Dying Light: Bad Blood at PAX West
- We Try Out Let It Die on PC at PAX West
- Addressing Being a Copy with Ninjala at PAX West
- Gato Roboto Gave Us the Right Kind of Smile at PAX West
- PAX West: My Friend Pedro is the Deadpool Game We'll Never Get
- Checkout Out a Loaded Throwback with Metal Wolf Chaos XD at PAX West