One of the games that gave us an absolute smile from start to finish at PAX West was Gato Roboto from Devolver Digital. This was an unannounced title all the way up until the convention started, so we weren’t sure what we were walking into. This is a sort of Game Boy/Metroid throwback title in which you play the role of an astronaut’s cat who must make his way around a planet to find out what’s going on and eventually break your human out of his crashed ship. You do so by getting special gear like a powersuit that allows you to move around and take out enemies in your way.
You do a lot of switching between the suit and the cat as you’ll need to get into tight spaces on occasion while others require brute force. There’s even upgrades to make you a badass kitty who can take on anything this game may throw at you. Gato Roboto will be available sometime in 2019 for the Nintendo Switch and Steam, but we honestly can’t wait as this was one of our favorite games from the event.
- Running Into Blast Man and Impact Man in Mega Man 11 at PAX West
- Surviving on Wits Alone with Dying Light: Bad Blood at PAX West
- Getting a Grand Preview of Grandia and Grandia II HD Remaster at PAX West
- We Try Out Let It Die on PC at PAX West
- Addressing Being a Copy with Ninjala at PAX West
- PAX West: My Friend Pedro is the Deadpool Game We'll Never Get
- Checkout Out a Loaded Throwback with Metal Wolf Chaos XD at PAX West
- Breaking Out Our DJ Skills with Spin Rhythm at PAX West
- Jammin' Logs with Log Jammers at PAX West! You Heard Me!
- What Happened to the Bees? We Play Bee Simulator at PAX West
- World of Tanks Blitz Teams With Mad Max Artist for Halloween Event - October 17, 2018
- Paizo Officially Releases a New Starfinder Guide with Alien Archive 2 - October 17, 2018
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018