One of my last PAX West appointments for the first day was a visit with the PR team behind Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics to try out the game. As the name would clearly suggest, you’re getting into a bit of the Lovecraft world with this one, as you’re getting a tactical RPG based in World War II. Int he middle of the regular war, there’s also a secret war shrouded in darkness with forces of evil at play, leaving it up to you and your small organized team to stomp it out while the other war rages on in the background.
I kind of dug the way it switches between tactical RPG and real-time movement, but there are times where you just have no idea where your enemies are until they’re within eyesight, leaving you little time to prepare for what may happen. I got through a little bit of the game before being killed off, but it was still awesome all the same. Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics is due out sometime this fall.
- Breaking Out Our DJ Skills with Spin Rhythm at PAX West
- Jammin' Logs with Log Jammers at PAX West! You Heard Me!
- What Happened to the Bees? We Play Bee Simulator at PAX West
- Working Our Way to the Top with Pathfinder: Kingmaker at PAX West
- Getting a Good Look at Diablo III on Nintendo Switch at PAX West
- The Cutest Lil' Dungeons Crawler in All of PAX West was Sparklite
- We Learned at PAX West That, Indeed, Buildings Have Feelings Too
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018