It’s a rare moment when we get to fall in love with a game because it’s so darn cute, but Sparklite caught our attention at PAX West this year. Another title from Merge Games, this one puts you in the shoes of a go-getting adventurer named Ada who is also a badass engineer who comes up with a series of tools to help explore dungeons and vast lands to vanquish enemies in her wake and collect treasures and goods. The game is fast-paced and very creative with a woman protagonist that we absolutely adored playing as.
It does kind of break out hearts a bit that we won’t see the game for some time as the company currently has Sparklite scheduled for the fall of 2019 across all platforms. It’s going to be a bit of a wait, but if what we saw was any indication, it will be well worth the wait.
- Getting a PAX West Preview of Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics
- Working Our Way to the Top with Pathfinder: Kingmaker at PAX West
- We Preview Aragami: Shadow Edition at PAX West
- We Learned at PAX West That, Indeed, Buildings Have Feelings Too
- Revisiting Killer Queen Black at PAX West Because We Needed To
- Feeling Some Throwback Love with Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers at PAX West
- UNTIES Brings Fighting Balloons with Battlloon to the PAX West Floor
- Getting Our Blood Pressure Checked in Super Meat Boy Forever at PAX West
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018