A few days ago, Vox Day, writer, editor, video game designer, blogger and alt-right activist stated he was going to launch a comic book imprint called Comicsgate.
Comic creator Ethan Van Sciver who has become rather self-associated with the virtue-signalling hashtag of hate, then stated that Day had no right to the name, and that as Ethan ran a YouTube show called Comicsgate Live that he had the rights to make a comic book imprint called Comicsgate rather than Day.
Of course, there are other people who have used the term before. And have registered domain names. But at the time all this was happening, someone decided to step up and register Comics Gate with the US authorities as a trademark for a comic book line.
Antonio J Malpica of Florida comics publisher Scorn Comics, currently fundraising for his new comic book Detective Dead. And trying to get a little publicity from Comicsgate folk too…
Here’s a preview page of Detective Dead for the relaunch campaign. LOVE IT!@kawaiiamethist @LeaderComics @ThatUmbrella @Edwin_Boyette @AbacusMike @EthanVanSciver @RoKabir @LandoPan @DonalTDeLay @GatHanzo @grpeephole303 @dickandcomix @12AMCherryTV @deafcolorist THANKS @Rod_Luper pic.twitter.com/7JsPm0nEXi
— Cridious (@ScornComiX) August 28, 2018
…and retweeting a number of Comics Gate figures on his timeline. Indeed, very little else these last few days.
So is Antonio getting the trademark for one of them, keeping it himself or for safekeeping or proposing some kind of shared management?
What he wants with the Comics Gate trademark, maybe we’ll find out soon. If they stop fighting among themselves. Maybe they should take a leaf from the back of Antonio’s kids book Bad Bad Lemons?
- Marvel Cancels All Of Star Wars: Shadow Of Vader by Chuck Wendig - November 15, 2018
- Fantastic Four #6 Jumps to a 60 Page Story – and Two Dollars More - November 15, 2018
- Stan Lee Tribute to Run on Marvel Comics Covers in December and January - November 15, 2018
- Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto Relaunch Daredevil #1 in February - November 15, 2018
- Second Printings For Uncanny X-Men, Avengers, Daredevil, Venom, Spider-Geddon, Wolverine, Fantastic Four - November 15, 2018