A few days ago, Vox Day, writer, editor, video game designer, blogger and alt-right activist stated he was going to launch a comic book imprint called Comicsgate.
Comic creator Ethan Van Sciver who has become rather self-associated with the virtue-signalling hashtag of hate, then stated that Day had no right to the name, and that as Ethan ran a YouTube show called Comicsgate Live that he had the rights to make a comic book imprint called Comicsgate rather than Day.
Of course, there are other people who have used the term before. And have registered domain names. But at the time all this was happening, someone decided to step up and register Comics Gate with the US authorities as a trademark for a comic book line.
Antonio J Malpica of Florida comics publisher Scorn Comics, currently fundraising for his new comic book Detective Dead. And trying to get a little publicity from Comicsgate folk too…
Here’s a preview page of Detective Dead for the relaunch campaign. LOVE IT!@kawaiiamethist @LeaderComics @ThatUmbrella @Edwin_Boyette @AbacusMike @EthanVanSciver @RoKabir @LandoPan @DonalTDeLay @GatHanzo @grpeephole303 @dickandcomix @12AMCherryTV @deafcolorist THANKS @Rod_Luper pic.twitter.com/7JsPm0nEXi
— Cridious (@ScornComiX) August 28, 2018
…and retweeting a number of Comics Gate figures on his timeline. Indeed, very little else these last few days.
So is Antonio getting the trademark for one of them, keeping it himself or for safekeeping or proposing some kind of shared management?
What he wants with the Comics Gate trademark, maybe we’ll find out soon. If they stop fighting among themselves. Maybe they should take a leaf from the back of Antonio’s kids book Bad Bad Lemons?
- Mimi Cruz of Night Flight Comics Vs Comics Distribution - September 24, 2018
- Fat Jack’s Comicrypt Displays Crisis #8 Artwork For the First Time During Tom King’s Heroes In Crisis Signing - September 24, 2018
- Denver Comic Con Changes Name to Denver Pop Culture Con For 2019 - September 24, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #2 - September 24, 2018
- Do You Remember… Superman’s Penis? - September 24, 2018