For some reason, we’re getting a Monopoly version of the battle royale phenomenon Fortnite, and we’re a little puzzled why. Hasbro confirmed that they will be producing the board game which, like a lot of Monopoly titles, will take from locations in the video game and plant them on the board to match up with locations from the game. Not to mention figures in the game used as icon pieces, different types of items used as currency, and a slew of references in the Chance and Community Chest cards.
But really, the question we have to ask is simply: What Fortnite player is going to go all out and buy a Monopoly version of the game? Sure, there will be collectors and the obsessed and the “must own everything” kind of players. But does Hasbro think that the popularity of the free-to-play video game will transfer over to a $30 board game? We’ll find out when it goes on sale on October 1st.
- Become the Master of Pizza with Monopoly Pizza Board Game
- Hasbro Reveals the Monopoly Cash Grab Game with Money Blaster
- New 'Game of Thrones' Monopoly Edition Coming in 2019
- Fortnite Gears Up for Season 6 and the Impending Fall Skirmish
- Epic Games Adds the 5.41 Update to Fortnite With Some Fun Surprises
- Nintendo Switch: Fortnite – Double Helix Bundle Coming in October
- Fortnite To Include Port-a-Fortress Soon in Battle Royale
- Epic Games Removes Fortnite's Video Capture from Nintendo Switch
- Epic Games Kicks Off the New Fortnite "High Stakes" Event
- Fortnite's Newest Event Comes with a Heist Battle Royale Mode
- Epic Games Adds the Ace Starter Pack to Fortnite for Purchase
- Google and Epic Games are Clashing Over Fortnite Android Vulnerability
- Epic Games to Add PS4 Pro Improvements for Fortnite