The minute we started racing in Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers at PAX West, we could tell there was something just a tad familiar about this one. Another title from UNTIES, this is an 8-player racer where you’re battling it out in rather blocky cars as you race around the track and fight each other in battles. The minute we took off down the track, I had a feeling of nostalgia wave over me as the racing aspect plays almost exactly like R.C. Pro-Am 2 for the NES. Everything from the power-ups to the speed arrows to the cars behind you forcefully being thrown back on the track behind you after being left in the dust.
So a part of me is playing this thinking “okay, it’s an updated version of a classic. What’s new?” The battle mode in Chiki-Chiki Boxy Racers is what gives the game its charm as you’re fighting in different arenas with soccer, paint, weapons on the front, and some good ‘ol sumo pushing off the map. The game is already out on the Switch as of August 30th and it only costs you $10 if you want to play it.
- We Preview Aragami: Shadow Edition at PAX West
- The Cutest Lil' Dungeons Crawler in All of PAX West was Sparklite
- We Learned at PAX West That, Indeed, Buildings Have Feelings Too
- Suffering Like Never Before with Irony Curtain at PAX West
- A Weird Bunny's World in My Brother Rabbit from PAX West
- Revisiting Necrobarista at PAX West and Waiting For a Release Date
- Zipping Around to Graffiti Games' Double Cross at PAX West
- Coordination Is Key Running Through Joggernauts at PAX West
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018