Gotham‘s Crystal Reed is returning to DC’s small screen universe – but not to Batman’s old stomping grounds – as the female lead in DC Universe‘s Swamp Thing, the streaming service’s upcoming drama series adaptation built around the DC Comics character created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. Written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman, and directed by Len Wiseman (The Gifted, Lucifer), the series is expected to premiere on the new streaming service in 2019. Produced by James Wan’s Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television, Swamp Thing is executive prodcued by Wan, Verheiden, Dauberman, Wiseman, and Michael Clear.
Here’s an overview of DC Universe’s Swamp Thing and a look at Reed’s Dr. Abby Arcane:
DC Universe’s Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.
Smart and caring, CDC Doctor Abby Arcane’s (Reed) strong sense of empathy puts her at the center of a horrific life-threatening epidemic in her hometown, where she faces emotional demons from her past… while a chance meeting with scientist Alec Holland takes her into a world of horror and the supernatural, and of the elemental creature known as Swamp Thing.
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ (Bring Out Your Dead! Live Blog) - October 21, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018