Gotham‘s Crystal Reed is returning to DC’s small screen universe – but not to Batman’s old stomping grounds – as the female lead in DC Universe‘s Swamp Thing, the streaming service’s upcoming drama series adaptation built around the DC Comics character created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. Written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman, and directed by Len Wiseman (The Gifted, Lucifer), the series is expected to premiere on the new streaming service in 2019. Produced by James Wan’s Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television, Swamp Thing is executive prodcued by Wan, Verheiden, Dauberman, Wiseman, and Michael Clear.
Here’s an overview of DC Universe’s Swamp Thing and a look at Reed’s Dr. Abby Arcane:
DC Universe’s Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.
Smart and caring, CDC Doctor Abby Arcane’s (Reed) strong sense of empathy puts her at the center of a horrific life-threatening epidemic in her hometown, where she faces emotional demons from her past… while a chance meeting with scientist Alec Holland takes her into a world of horror and the supernatural, and of the elemental creature known as Swamp Thing.
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 3, Episode 9 ‘Sweet Dee’s Dating a Retarded Person’ (Day #3) - December 15, 2018
- Apple Lands Rights to New Peanuts Content – So Snoopy’s An iPhone User Now? - December 14, 2018
- Titans: It’s Batman vs. Robin, as The Dark Knight Goes ‘Injustice’ in Season Finale (TRAILER) - December 14, 2018
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 2, Episode 6 ‘The Gang Gives Back’ (Day #2) - December 14, 2018
- Stargirl: The Purge’s Brian Stapf to Go Where The Wildcat Is - December 14, 2018