We didn’t know we needed to see Willem Dafoe as Vincent van Gogh, but after seeing the first trailer for At Eternity’s Gate, we *really* do.
The film stars Dafoe as famed and crazed painter van Gogh told through his letters, from the eye of director Julian Schnabel. The supporting cast is really the intriguing thing there, with Oscar Isaac as painter Paul Gaugin, Rupert Friend as Theo van Gogh (Vincent’s brother, and primary art dealer), Emmanuelle Seigner as Madame Ginoux (who van Gogh appreciators will know as the L’Arlésienne, Madame Ginoux), Mathieu Amalric as Dr. Paul-Ferdinand Gachet (who treated Vincent during his later years, as well as being the basis for Portrait of Dr. Gachet), and Mads Mikkelson as ‘The Priest’.
At Eternity’s Gate is set to open on September 3rd 2018.
- The Russo Brothers Say Avengers 4 has Wrapped Filming - October 15, 2018
- Milla Jovovich Posts ‘Monster Hunter’ Movie Update - October 14, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Wanna Hear Caitriona Balfe’s Sam Heughan Impression? - October 14, 2018
- Daredevil’s Charlie Cox Wants More ‘The Defenders’ - October 14, 2018
- Lisa Henson Talks Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ at NYCC - October 14, 2018