The Walking Dead #183 by Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Stefano Gaudiano, and Cliff Rathburn has been looking at the Commonwealth, a new grouping of the American population that has been recreating an America from before the zombie hordes — and replicating the same inequalities in the process. But in the case through deliberate policy rather than the happenstance and inertia of centuries before.
And in doing so, making something a little akin to what Captain America is being told today as well.
So we have the zombies back, on a journey Michonne is taking with her daughter through the Commonwealth.
The efficacy of the Commonwealth underlined through corpse disposal…
Discovering the benefits that members of the Commonwealth can enjoy when they, like Michonne, are recognised for higher status, due to her history and experience as a lawyer.
Membership has its priveledges. Not everyone in the Commonwealth is so lucky.
But high status in the Commonwealth has a price of its own.
And Michonne has to defend the very guards who she assaulted in defending another. The nuance is lost on protestors. Which, it seems, the Commonwealth does tolerate.
However, when it comes to the crimes of the guards, it looks as if the Commonwealth will want to make those disappear as quickly and easily as they did the zombie bodies. And if anything goes wrong, it will be Michonne’s head…
WALKING DEAD #183 CVR A ADLARD & STEWART (MR)
(W) Robert Kirkman (A) Stefano Gaudiano, Cliff Rathburn (CA) Dave Stewart (A/CA) Charlie Adlard
It’s chaos in the commonwealth… and Michonne is without her sword. In Shops: Sep 05, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Art Galleries to be Searched for Missing Comic Book Artwork - September 25, 2018
- Mark Montague Wins Dredd Talent Competition as 2000AD Opens Submissions Again - September 25, 2018
- Second Wave of Game Of Thrones Blindbox Titans Vinyl Figures in February 2019 - September 25, 2018
- What Made Warren Ellis Swear In Fearscape #1, Out Tomorrow? - September 25, 2018
- Tomorrow, DC Comics Publish Another Batman Comic With a Penis In It - September 25, 2018