It would appear that Mission: Impossible star Rebecca Ferguson is currently in negotiations to join the upcoming Dune film from Legendary Pictures and director Denis Villeneuve.
Obviously this isn’t a done deal yet, but if Ferguson joins the film, we’re thinking she’d be perfect in the role of the Lady Jessica, mother to Paul Atreides, who will be played in this version of Dune by Oscar nominee Timothée Chalamet. Variety says that Ferguson is currently in talks to join Dune.
Ferguson has shown tremendous ability in an action role — while that isn’t everything the Bene Gesserit mother of Muad Dib is within the story, it’s an important part of their time on the planet Arrakis. It also gives us a better idea of the general age bracket Villeneuve is looking at for actors to play Duke Leto Atreides.
Obviously we’ll let you know when we find out anything else about the production.
A beginning is a delicate time, after all.
- 'Dune' Updates: Chani Casting Rumors, Roger Deakins Exits
- Brian Herbert Asks Fans to Rank 'Dune' Characters
- One of Eric Roth's 'Dune' Scripts for Legendary was 200 Pages
- WORM SIGN: Legendary Pictures' 'Dune' Looking at a 2020 Release Date
- Gale Force Nine Nabs Tabletop Gaming Rights for 'Dune'
- 'Dune' Will Cover [Approximately] Half of First Novel, Brian Herbert Says
- Timothée Chalamet May Be the Kwisatz Haderach in New Dune Film
- Legendary Pictures Actively Scouting Locations for 'Dune'
- Let's Talk About James Cameron’s Story Of Science Fiction Episode 2
- Denis Villeneuve Wants to Do at Least 2 Dune Movies
- Season 2 Teases in New ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Featurette - December 17, 2018
- Terry Gilliam’s ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’ WILL Release in North America! - December 17, 2018
- James Wan Not Part of ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot - December 17, 2018
- ‘Outlander’ EPs On THAT Character Switch, [SPOILER]’s Return - December 17, 2018
- ‘Hot Fuzz 2’ Officially Greenlit, Posts Nick Frost - December 17, 2018