Today, NBA 2K announced that a brand new esports competition will be taking place with the launch of NBA 2K19 MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament. The series announced the details of a new competition that will run from October 13th, 2018 until February 13th, 2019 in which 32 players will face off for $250k! Here are the few details that were released earlier today.
The tournament will be played using the new MyTEAM Unlimited Mode, which features 5-on-5 NBA-style gameplay and allows users to choose any 13 cards from their Collection. 32 contestants (16 each on Xbox One & PS4) who qualify during weekly events will advance to a single elimination tournament, scheduled to take place on February 2, 2019. Winners of the Xbox One and PS4 tournaments will be crowned console champions and advance to the Championship Finals, which will be played on Xbox One the week before NBA All-Star Weekend in NYC, and will be contested in a best of 3 format and livestreamed on 2K channels.
As of right now, the full rules and signup information has not been released, only a link to this page for people to check out at a later date. Hopefully, more details will come out from NBA 2K19 before we reach the month of October.
- NBA 2K19 MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament Kicks Off Saturday
- NBA 2K19 Continues to Release New Videos with Momentous Trailer
- Microsoft Expands Xbox Voice Commands to Cortana and Alexa Devices
- NBA 2K19 Gets a Fresh Trailer Focused on "The Neighborhood"
- NBA 2K19 Releases a New "Broadcast Trailer" With Some Notable Voices
- NBA 2K19 Features a New Story Mode with "The Way Back"
- NBA 2K19 is Getting Several Major MyTEAM Updates
- NBA 2K19 Releases a New Trailer Encouraging You to Become King
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018