It’s official. After 13 years on Saturday nights — and decades before that as well — Doctor Who will move to Sunday nights for the upcoming season/series 11 starring Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor. The premiere episode will be titled ‘The Woman Who Fell to Earth’.
— Doctor Who Official (@bbcdoctorwho) September 5, 2018
Doctor Who revitalised the Saturday Night family viewing experience on BBC 1 back in 2005, alongside entertainment shows such as Strictly Come Dancing — remade in the US as Dancing with the Stars — and saw dramas such as Robin Hood and Merlin commissioned in its wake for the early evening Doctor Who slot when it wasn’t on air.
Of late, those dramas have dropped away with just reality entertainment talent show television filling its space. So now it’s time to try and do to Sundays what Doctor Who did to Saturdays. And to try and create those school playground discussions the Monday afterwards.
So, also, don’t expect it to air too late… it will be a school night after all. Here’s the trailer announcement.
In the USA, only the first episode will air at the exact same time as the UK — expect lunchtime-early afternoon — followed by a special encore showing in its new regular primetime evening slot, where it will stay for the full 10-episode series.
- 'Whoops' - An Explosive 20 Second Teaser For Doctor Who Season 11
- All Thirteen Covers For Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor #1 (And Some From #2 As Well...)
- BBC Releases Entire SDCC 'Doctor Who' Panel Video From Hall H
- New Doctor Who Jodie Whittaker Surprises 'Her Universe' Fashion Show at SDCC
- Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker Really is THAT Incandescent in Person
- Jodie Whittaker's New Sonic Screwdriver Revealed at San Diego Comic-Con - and Where You Can Buy It
- BBC Releases 3 New Doctor Who Photos Ahead of SDCC
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018