We’re getting a Captain Planet movie — because of course we are. Nailing that kind of tone that’s going to work for this movie is going to be tough, but screenwriter Glen Powell told The Hollywood Reporter that he’s looking forward to doing something different with the hero.
“I mean they’ve tried to make it into a superhero movie before, but they kind of did like an earnest take and ours is way more subversive and fun and like dark and irreverent,” he said. “Sometimes you have to think of these things logically. If you have a blue superhero with a green mullet, you can’t do like an earnest take on that. You have to go at it from a fun [direction].”
Powell describes the process as “interesting” but that everyone involved is looking to get the movie off of the ground.
“It’s been an interesting process and it’s taken a long time but now we’re getting that up and going and we’re really stoked about it,” Powell said.
The Captain Planet movie was announced at Paramount Pictures back in October 2016, and there has been very little movement on it yet. The nostalgia boom isn’t going to last forever, though, and if Paramount wants this movie to happen, they should probably get it off of the ground.
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: The Return of Wilson Fisk Featurette - October 17, 2018
- Demián Bichir Has Entered Negotiations to Star in Godzilla vs. Kong - October 17, 2018
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images - October 17, 2018