We’re getting a Captain Planet movie — because of course we are. Nailing that kind of tone that’s going to work for this movie is going to be tough, but screenwriter Glen Powell told The Hollywood Reporter that he’s looking forward to doing something different with the hero.
“I mean they’ve tried to make it into a superhero movie before, but they kind of did like an earnest take and ours is way more subversive and fun and like dark and irreverent,” he said. “Sometimes you have to think of these things logically. If you have a blue superhero with a green mullet, you can’t do like an earnest take on that. You have to go at it from a fun [direction].”
Powell describes the process as “interesting” but that everyone involved is looking to get the movie off of the ground.
“It’s been an interesting process and it’s taken a long time but now we’re getting that up and going and we’re really stoked about it,” Powell said.
The Captain Planet movie was announced at Paramount Pictures back in October 2016, and there has been very little movement on it yet. The nostalgia boom isn’t going to last forever, though, and if Paramount wants this movie to happen, they should probably get it off of the ground.
- Mortal Engines Review: A Generic Story With a Fantastic New Coat of Paint - December 13, 2018
- Once Upon a Deadpool Review: Proof That a PG-13 Deadpool Doesn’t Work - December 13, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns: Featurette Teases Topsy and a New Clip Shows off a New Song - December 12, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Multiple Stan Lee Cameos and Different Peter Parker’s - December 12, 2018
- The Punisher Season 2: Jon Bernthal Shares a LQ First Image - December 12, 2018