WWE has announced a second season of their quirky Facebook Watch mixed tag team tournament, Mixed Match Challenge. The show pairs male and female superstars together to compete in mixed tag matches, with one match airing each night on Facebook immediately after Smackdown Live and before 205 Live. The previous season offered fans a look at a more whimsical WWE with superstars allowed to show off their personalities more than in the rigidly scripted televised shows.
WWE posted a video advertising the start of Season 2 on Facebook:
BREAKING NEWS: WWE Mixed Match Challenge is BACK and BETTER than ever! Find out who's teaming with who in Season 2, premiering on Tuesday, September 18 on Facebook Watch!
Posted by WWE Mixed Match Challenge on Tuesday, September 4, 2018
As well as graphics for ten competing teams, including some returning favorites, which you can see below.
Update: Some more information from the press release:
New elements for season 2 include: 14 episodes, each 30 minutes in length; a round-robin elimination format; two matches in each show; and an interactive pre-show beginning at 9:50 p.m. ET. In addition, the season 2 finale will take place during WWE’s TLC pay-per-view event on Sunday, December 16.
- New GWAR OGN The Enormogantic Fail Revisits the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7 - October 17, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018