WWE has announced a second season of their quirky Facebook Watch mixed tag team tournament, Mixed Match Challenge. The show pairs male and female superstars together to compete in mixed tag matches, with one match airing each night on Facebook immediately after Smackdown Live and before 205 Live. The previous season offered fans a look at a more whimsical WWE with superstars allowed to show off their personalities more than in the rigidly scripted televised shows.
WWE posted a video advertising the start of Season 2 on Facebook:
BREAKING NEWS: WWE Mixed Match Challenge is BACK and BETTER than ever! Find out who's teaming with who in Season 2, premiering on Tuesday, September 18 LIVE on Facebook Watch!
Posted by WWE Mixed Match Challenge on Tuesday, September 4, 2018
As well as graphics for ten competing teams, including some returning favorites, which you can see below.
Update: Some more information from the press release:
New elements for season 2 include: 14 episodes, each 30 minutes in length; a round-robin elimination format; two matches in each show; and an interactive pre-show beginning at 9:50 p.m. ET. In addition, the season 2 finale will take place during WWE’s TLC pay-per-view event on Sunday, December 16.
- Marvel Rising Relaunches as a New Mini-Series in March from Nilah Magruder and Roberto Di Salvo - December 13, 2018
- Valiant Brings Hero vs. Hero Action to Your Phone in New Collectible Card Game - December 13, 2018
- Talking John Henry vs. Robots in Is’nana the Were-Spider with Greg Anderson Elysée - December 13, 2018
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018