Joe Stone is debuting a comic book at Thought Bubble called Stutter. He writes,
It’s an autobiographical story about how having a stutter has affected my life, split over four different periods of my life.
I didn’t want it to be full of self-pity or be a sob story about how hard it is, just an accurate reflection of what it’s like and how I have dealt with it throughout my life.
Comics were the perfect medium to tell the story, as they are the only storytelling medium that actually shows sound.
I’ll be on table 51A in the Comixology Marquee at Thought Bubble where it will be debuting, and after Thought Bubble it will be available to buy on www.joe-stone.co.uk/shop
As someone who stuttered as a child, and who still has my moments – and also a big fan of manipulation of the medium like this, I’m very much looking forward to picking this up. Thought Bubble runs on the 22nd and 23rd September in Leeds.
- DC Comics’ Marie Javins Makes the 29 Women Who Took Over The World In 2018 List - December 18, 2018
- As Expected, Eric Esquivel Dropped by DC Comics From Nightwing - December 18, 2018
- Kevin Smith, Frank Miller, Warren Ellis, Becky Cloonan and More in Detective Comics #1000 - December 18, 2018
- More on Free Comic Book Day 2019/Star Wars Day Than Just The Comics - December 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 18th December 2018, Okay, Really One Week To Go - December 18, 2018