Earlier today, a DC Comics preview of Batman #54 revealed that Nightwing doesn’t want to be poked. But over in Mr. and Mrs. X #3, Rogue and Gambit are getting back into the spirit of the honeymoon, it seems. Since yesterday was Labor Day in the United States, Marvel editor Jordan White and most of the X-creators took the day off, but Uncanny X-Men writer Kelly Thompson showed her commitment to the most important day of the week by posting a panel from the upcoming Mr. and Mrs. X #3, with art by Oscar Bazaldua and Colors by Frank D’Armata.
For those who haven’t been following along, first of all, what are you doing?! This series is amazing and you should be reading. But also, the collar Gambit is referring to is power-dampening collar gifted to Rogue by The Beast on her wedding day so that she could kiss the groom. And, well, so that she and Gambit could properly enjoy their honeymoon as tradition dictates.
Despite traveling to outer space in an attempt to get some time to themselves, the newlyweds were quickly drawn into a conflict involving the Imperial Guard, the Technet, and Deadpool, but it looks like despite all the action, they still plan on making time for themselves.
Mr. and Mrs. X #3
(W) Kelly Thompson (A) Oscar Bazaldua (CA) Terry Dodson
LOVE & MARRIAGE PART 3!
ROGUE and GAMBIT’S romantic getaway is but a faint memory as they’re forced to team up with DEADPOOL to protect a dangerous and extremely valuable “package” when half the galaxy comes to claim it. What secrets does the package hold that the Imperial Guard and Deathbird (with an entire Shi’ar rebellion in tow!) will risk everything for? More importantly, can Rogue, Gambit, and Deadpool stop bickering long enough to win?
In Shops: Sep 19, 2018
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018
- Stark Unlimited is the New Apple in Next Week’s Tony Stark Iron Man #6 - November 17, 2018
- The Legacy of the Batpenis in Next Week’s Infinity Wars: Sleepwalker #3 - November 17, 2018
- A Hulkverine Heel Turn in Next Week’s Weapon H #10? - November 17, 2018