Abylight Studios and Heart Machine’s Hyper Light Drifter: Special Edition will be released in just a few days for the Nintendo Switch, to bring you the beloved Hyper Light Drifter experience with some nice updates to go along with the re-release. The switch port of the game is designed for 1 to 2 players as they explore an incredibly stylish world filled with a mix of fantasy creatures and spooky technology.
The game’s combat is pretty standard RPG sword-bashing fare with a slight twist. You get to hop around the battlefield quite a bit faster than anyone else, leaving a light trail behind you. Because you’re just that fast. The Switch port doesn’t really change up much in terms of combat or gameplay. However Hyper Light Drifter: Special Edition does come with single Joy-Con support to let you play with a friend.
In case you missed Hyper Light Drifter the first time around, the game’s official description reads:
Explore a beautiful, vast and ruined world riddled with dangers and lost technologies. Echoes of a dark and violent past resonate throughout a savage land, steeped in treasure and blood. Hyper Light Drifter is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best 16bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
The platforming, puzzle solving, and highly saturated color palette really does make Hyper Light Drifter a pretty solid contender for best indie game on the Switch.
Key features of the Switch edition of Hyper Light Drifter includes:
- Maximum quality 60 fps
- Play it anywhere, alone or with a friend!
- Single Joy-Con play supported for 2 player co-op mode
- Exclusive Nintendo Switch content:
- Find secrets with the help of the new outfit
- Complete the Tower Climb challenge
- Freeze your enemies with the Crystal Shot
- Master the deadly Blade Caster
- Achievements, 1080p on Dock & Pro controller support
Hyper Light Drifter: Special Edition is slated to launch on September 6th, 2018.
- Nintendo Postpone the Next Nintendo Direct Due To Earthquake
- Nintendo Planning Another Nintendo Direct on Thursday
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018