At the DC Nation panel at Toronto Fan Expo yesterday, DC Comics people mentioned that the upcoming Black Label series Batman: The Last Knight On Earth is intended to be Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s end cap on their run on Batman, which helped launch the New 52 back in 2011. Though Snyder and Capullo will also be contributing to Detective Comics #1000…
A three-issue 48-page oversized series, we learned the Last Knight On Earth‘s opening sequence may differ slightly from the announced description;
Batman wakes up in a desert. He doesn’t know what year it is or how the Joker’s head is alive in a jar beside him, but it’s the beginning of a quest unlike anything the Dark Knight has undertaken before. In this strange future, villains are triumphant and society has liberated itself from the burden of ethical codes. Fighting to survive while in search of answers, Bruce Wayne uncovers the truth about his role in this new world—and begins the last Batman story ever told.
Instead, at told at the DC Nation panel at Toronto’s Fan Expo that Bruce Wayne rather wakes up in Arkham Asylum. A place he has been for twenty years, after being arrested for killing his own parents, Thomas and Martha Wayne. He finds Joker’s living head in a jar as they set off for an adventure together. As you do.
Either way, it still feels a little Head Lopper-ish…
Here are a few recent Greg Capullo Batman sketches for you to sift for whatever you can find…
- The Daily LITG – 14th November 2018 – Happy Birthday Carlos Pacheco - November 14, 2018
- Life Is Strange #1 and Bloodshot: Rising Spirit #1 Go to Second Prints the Day Before Publishing - November 13, 2018
- The Conservative Councillor of Camden Who Paid Tribute to Stan Lee - November 13, 2018
- Talking to Kieron Gillen About Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt and DIE, With Wine and Cheese (VIDEO) - November 13, 2018
- Talking To – And About – Stan Lee - November 13, 2018