In Deadpool #4, the Merc with a Mouth is heading off on a new mission, having successfully advertised his new mercenary business by arranging for a world-threatening invasion by Groffon the Regurger in the book’s opening storyline. But where is he headed? To a locale recently featured in a comic from the Distinguished Competition: The Bermuda Triangle.
In Superman #1, by “The Great One” Brian Michael Bendis, Ivan Reis, and Joe Prado, Superman moves his Fortress of Solitude to the Bermuda Triangle after the original was destroyed. Will Deadpool pay a visit to the Fortress while he’s down there in an unofficial inter-company crossover? Well, probably not. The solicit says he’s headed to WeirdWorld.
Still, it would feel like a missed opportunity if we don’t at least get a fourth-wall-breaking reference. We’ll find out on Wednesday.
(W) Skottie Young (A) Scott Hepburn (CA) Nic Klein
DEADPOOL IS IN FOR A WORLD OF WEIRD!
• A merc job leads Deadpool to one of the strangest corners of the Marvel U…WEIRDWORLD!
• Not only that, he’s fallen into a TIME STORM! Oh no, not a Time Storm!!! Anything but a Time Storm!!! Wait…what’s a Time Storm?
• Monsters! Sorceresses! Man-Things! Romance! Time Storms! THIS ISSUE HAS IT ALL!
In Shops: Sep 05, 2018
- R.I.P. ResurrXion? Weapon X Missing from Marvel’s January Solicits - October 16, 2018
- Finally, Chuck Austen’s Early X-Men Work Returns to Print at Marvel - October 16, 2018
- Is Ms. Marvel Cancelled? G. Willow Wilson Says It’s Just Taking a “Skip Month” - October 16, 2018
- Chuck Wendig’s Shadow of Vader Not Solicited for January… Has It Been Canceled Completely? - October 16, 2018
- Stealth Crossover? Domino and Mr. and Mrs. X Both Visit the Mojoverse in January - October 16, 2018