Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games have announced that the first results of their Remastered game campaign has renewed interest in Black Desert Online from both fans and new players alike.
Last week, Black Desert Online was updated with enhanced visuals and a newly recorded orchestral score. As a result, Black Desert Online has seen an average week-over-week increase of 103.6% in returning players and a 24.2% increase in new player acquisition across both the NA and EU regions.
Minsung Kim, CEO at Kakao Games Europe B.V. commented:
Pearl Abyss has done a fantastic job on Black Desert Remastered. The game was already had the best in-game visuals, but with Black Desert Remastered, the developers have really pushed the envelope. It is no wonder that so many players are returning to the game.
Jae Hee Kim, Executive Producer at Pearl Abyss gave the following comment:
We are ecstatic after seeing that our hard work on Black Desert Online Remastered has been so positively perceived by the community at large. The heart-warming reactions have definitely been a morale booster. We want to thank our players all over the world for playing our game… We are highly motivated to keep the game current and up-to-date by continuing to develop exciting new content while striving for continuous improvements and optimizations.
Pearl Abyss is currently working on the Drieghan expansion, which is expected to arrive to the Western Black Desert Online servers later this year.
- Pearl Abyss Shows Off the New Archer Class in Black Desert Online
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween
- Pearl Abyss to Debut Archer Class for Black Desert Online at TwitchCon
- The Black Desert Online Drieghan Expansion Will Arrive in November
- Pearl Abyss to Acquire EVE Online Creators CCP Games
- Black Desert Online’s Drieghan Expansion Will Be at EGX 2018