Robert Downey Jr. has given Avengers co-star Chris Evans a pretty b*tchin’ gift- a custom 1967 Chevrolet Camaro, Captain America-themed.
Details about the beautiful car were (and will be) shared by Jay Leno’s Garage, a CNBC series Jay Leno and one of his lifelong passions, motor vehicles. The series released a pretty in depth video about the beautiful Camaro by Speedkore, ahead of an episode featuring Evans with Leno (set to air on August 3oth).
Turns out the Camaro was designed specifically by RDJr., as a gift for Evans. In the video, we see Dave Salvaggio from SpeedKore Performance showing Jay all the details of the Cap Car, and a tease of whats to come when the full episode airs- Chris Evans learning stunt driving and do an epic burnout in this car on Thursday, August 30th, 2018 at 10 PM on CNBC!
Salvaggio explains a bit in the video about the Captain America car:
“We’ve done three cars for Robert, and this was actually the first one, and the whole goal of this vehicle was to give it to Chris Evans as a gift in the end. Robert was kind of shopping the first gen Camaro, originally he was looking for a ’69, and he acquired a ’67, had a shop start it, and things didn’t work out and it actually evolved to us.
Robert got really involved on the build. He really liked the ’67 because of the vent windows and a couple other things that made the ’67 unique. And then we got some choice colors and leathers, Robert was really digging into it.”
Salvaggio continued, saying the car had been delivered to Evans on the Avengers: Infinity War set in Atlanta:
“They did the third Avengers movie that came out. Robert had it shipped to Atlanta, where they were filming, and gave it to Chris as a gift on set. It’s funny because Chris wasn’t really a car guy, per se, he’d been doing acting since 18 and he’d been really studying the craft, but like all boys, we dream of cars. When he saw it, he loved it. He loved the color, that was kind of the design in Robert’s mind. Going back to Robert, he’s super creative and he’s really good with colors and just kind of putting everything together.”
You can see Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. in their latest feature together Avengers: Infinity War, available on AmazonAvengers: Infinity War [UltraHD + Blu-ray + Digital HD].
- Unknown Fate Receives a September Release Date on Multiple Platforms
- Avengers 4 Will Feature a Captain America and Black Widow with a "Harder Edge"
- Here's the 2018 Teen Choice Awards Winners Complete List
- Kevin Feige Comments on Recasting in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Captain America MCU 10th Anniversary Concept Art Figure from Hot Toys
- Chris Evans's Happy Birthday Message to Chris Pratt
- Robert Downey Jr. Shares Behind-the-Scenes Video from Avengers: Infinity War
- Going Back to Cherry Tree Lane in New ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ Video - November 14, 2018
- Report: ‘Birds of Prey’ May Have Found Their Batgirl - November 14, 2018
- Gina Carano Joins Disney+ Star Wars Series ‘The Mandalorian’ - November 14, 2018
- Ivan Drago [Dolph Lundgren] Talks ‘Creed II’ Motivations, Revenge - November 14, 2018
- Hulu Nabs George R. R. Martin’s ‘Wild Cards’ for 2 Different Shows - November 14, 2018