Nightwing and Vicki Vale, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G?!
Well, that’s not exactly what’s going on in this preview, but it could be foreplayshadowing for what happens later in the issue. DC has released a preview for this week’s Nightwing Annual #1, by Ben Percy and Otto Schmidt, which sees Nightwing called to Gotham Four News headquarters by Vale to investigate a cyber-attack.
Even DC’s website is going all-in on teasing this hookup:
Sorry, is it hot in here? Or maybe it’s just the undeniable chemistry between Dick and Vicki, who manage to spice up an everyday cup of office coffee quite nicely (and no, we’re not talking about the roast). Sorry, Batgirl fans, like Ms. Vale, we just report the news around here, we don’t make it.
Will anything come of it? Well, it’ll be worth five bucks to find out, right? Nightwing Annual #1 is on sale Wednesday.
Nightwing Annual #1
(W) Ben Percy (A/CA) Otto Schmidt
The smart city overhaul of Blüdhaven was just the beginning-a single battle in a larger cyberwar that Nightwing is only starting to understand. But now the story of the Dark Web organization begins to expand as Grayson travels to Gotham City and partners up with Vicki Vale. We live in an era of fake news, alternative facts, disinformation. The gatekeepers of truth can’t be trusted anymore, and sometimes elections, businesses and even lives are at stake. Nightwing faces off against the first of three lieutenants in the army of the Dark Web: Vire, the psychic embodiment of malware who can unearth your darkest secrets.
In Shops: Aug 29, 2018
- Suicide Squad Canceled With January’s #50… Just in Time for an Azzarello Relaunch? - October 15, 2018
- Heroes in Crisis: Now Everybody at Sanctuary Has Had Their Personal Data Stolen - October 15, 2018
- The End of the Line for $2.99 on New Age of DC Heroes? Plus: The Unexpected Ends With #8 - October 15, 2018
- First Nightwing, Now Alfred Attacked in Detective Comics in January - October 15, 2018
- DC is Putting Politics in Your Batgirl Comics in January… Literally - October 15, 2018