In the wake of yesterday’s shooting in Florida at a Madden NFL 19 tournament, FIAD Entertainment Group has increased security to their event. The group will be holding a tournament as part of a larger event called GEXCon, the company apparently made a quick decision to immediately beef security up after they heard of the events that transpired in Jacksonville. TMZ spoke with one of the people in charge of the event.
Dennis C. Wiltshire — a rep for FIAD Entertainment Group, which is putting on the EA-sponsored event in Dulles, VA — tells us, his organization had a knee-jerk reaction after hearing about Sunday’s shooting in Jacksonville, FL that left 3 people dead, and many others injured.
Wiltshire tells us, in addition to ramped-up security and police officers on site, they’ve strictly prohibited all guns inside the event. He wouldn’t comment on specifics of security screenings, to avoid tipping their hand to the public. BTW … Virginia’s an open carry state.
While this is happening during their tournament, there are other tournaments and events happening around the U.S. this weekend who have chosen not to escalate security. It appears everyone is looking at the situation in different ways and will ultimately play every situation by ear.
- Electronic Arts Cancels Remaining Madden NFL '19 Qualifier Events
- [UPDATE] Multiple Fatalities as Shooting Erupts at Madden 19 Tournament
- New Report Suggests Bond 25 Will Miss Its 2019 Release Date
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Movie Starts Shooting "in a Few Days"
- Ashley Clements on 'SONA', Released Today on Legendary Digital Networks' Alpha
- iZombie Season 5: NBA Legend/Comics Writer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Turns Zombie
- Latest Legends of Aria Shows Off How You Create Your Home - November 12, 2018
- Snoop Dogg Hypes the Spyro Reignited Trilogy in Latest Video - November 12, 2018
- Rob Dyer Joins Capcom as the Company’s New COO - November 12, 2018
- Galactic Civilizations III Receives a New Update with Fresh DLC - November 12, 2018
- Treyarch Releases the Nuketown Trailer for Black Ops 4 - November 12, 2018