WWE is leaving sunny Brooklyn behind and fleeing to the Great White North next year! The company has officially confirmed that Toronto will be the location of SummerSlam in 2019. The Scotiabank Arena will host four nights of WWE action in August 2019, with SummerSlam, NXT Takeover, Raw, and Smackdown Live.
In a statement on WWE.com, WWE Executive Vice President of Special Events John Saboor said:
We are thrilled to bring WWE’s Biggest Event of the Summer back to Toronto. We look forward to working with our partners at Tourism Toronto and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment to build a blueprint that welcomes our global fan base to the great city of Toronto.
At this year’s SummerSlam, WWE was able to dupe the normally cynical fans of Brooklyn into not booing Roman Reigns too loudly by putting teasing a Braun Strowman Money in the Bank cash-in and then reunited The Shield the next night. Will savvy Canadian fans be wise to WWE’s tricks next year? We’ll find out.
- Report: WWE Survivor Series is About to Suck with No Becky Lynch - November 13, 2018
- Classic Cartoons Come to VRV Streaming Service on New Boomerang Channel - November 13, 2018
- In Tomorrow’s Titans #29, the Team Faces Their Greatest Villain: Hunger - November 13, 2018
- Dark Horse Expands Bioware’s Anthem with Prequel Comic - November 13, 2018
- Becky Lynch Could Be the Future of WWE… If They Don’t Screw It Up - November 13, 2018