Twitch has scored the exclusive streaming rights to another wrestling event as they will stream AAA Lucha Libre Worldwide’s Triplemania XXVI. The company made an announcement over the weekend, letting viewers know that they can catch the event in both Spanish and English, along with a co-streaming option to allow broadcasters to add their own commentary to the event.
The live broadcast of Triplemania XXVI kicks off on Twitch on August 25th, with a pre-show starting at 4:30pm PDT with the main event from 6-9pm PDT. There will also be a preshow for the event called Best of Triplemanía: Road to Triplemanía XXVI starting at 10am PDT on August 23rd. Here’s a little more info and a quote from the press release.
The fast action wrestling style of Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide offers wrestling fans the chance to see some of the world’s greatest luchador wrestlers such as Psycho Clown, El Hijo del Fantasma, L.A. Park, and Pentagón Jr. for the men’s division and Faby Apache and Lady Shani for the women’s division.
“Our ongoing partnership with AAA Worldwide, among many other wrestling circuits, reflects the appeal of professional wrestling on our service,” said Michael Aragon, SVP of Content, Twitch. “Based on the large and passionate community who have tuned into wrestling content on Twitch, such as the previous Triplemania event, it’s clear that viewers online enjoy this form of entertainment in a live, shared, and interactive environment.”
- China Has Shut Down All Broadcasts and Access to Twitch
- Twitch Releases September’s Free Games with Prime Lineup
- Twitch Announces Full Panel List for TwitchCon 2018
- Twitch Airing a Massive Pokémon Marathon with Nearly Every Film and Season
- Power Morphicon Streams Live on Shout! Factory TV Twitch Channel August 19th
- Twitch Partners with VIZ Media to Stream JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
- Twitch and DramaFever to Air Multiple South Korean Shows During August