It seems strange that there hasn’t been a big picture biopic about the one and only Sir Elton John yet, but that’s going to change come 2019.
Taron Egerton (Kingsman, Eddie The Eagle) will be playing Elton John in the film, titled Rocketman, which was just pushed back from an original release date to May 31st, 2019.
Dexter Fletcher will be directing the feature for Marv Films. Elton John, David Furnish, Matthew Vaughn, Adam Bohling, and David Reid are producing. Written by Lee Hall, the film will cover Elton John’s emergence as a prodigy at the Royal Academy of Music and his journey to becoming a music superstar.
Hopefully there is a huge rhinestone budget!
Jamie Bell will portray John’s longtime writing partner Bernie Taupin. Bryce Dallas Howard will play John’s mother Sheila Farebrother. Richard Madden (Game of Thrones) will play John Reid, former lover and manager of John’s.
Originally, Tom Hardy had circled the project but bowed out due to his inability to carry a tune, reportedly. We know Egerton can sing, he’s already familiar with Elton John, AND he looks pretty dapper in a pair of glasses.
We’ll let you know when we hear more about Rocketman.
- Here Are 3 New Images of Taron Egerton as Elton John from 'Rocketman'
- First Teaser for Taron Egerton as Elton John in Rocketman is Here
- Wanna See Taron Egerton as Elton John in Rocket Man?
- Electronic Arts Cancels Remaining Madden NFL '19 Qualifier Events
- Robin Hood: 2 Short Promos and a New Image
- Never Mind the Trailer, Sherlock Gnomes is a Much Better Film Than You Thought it Would Be
- Elton John Presents Sherlock Gnomes at the London Gala Premiere (VIDEO)
- The Lion King Reboot Will Have a New Song by Elton John and Beyoncé
- Matthew Vaughn Is Not Pleased With The Marketing For Kingsman: The Golden Circle
- Taron Egerton Talks His "Dark And Funny" Robin Hood Adaptation
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con's 'Kingsman' Panel