Take this with a grain of Brand X salt, but we may know who will be composing the score for Todd Phillips‘s upcoming The Joker origin movie starring Joaquin Phoenix: Hildur Gudnadottir.
According to Film Music Reporter, Hildur Gudnadottir has been brought on score the film, which at this time still doesn’t have a title. Gudnadottir is the Icelandic mind behind the recent Sicario 2: Day of the Soldado score, as well as numerous sound department credits with collaborator Jóhann Jóhannsson, who she called her musical soulmate.
The pair had collaborated on several scores with Johannsson’s credit on them, like Garth Davis‘s Mary Magdalene.
Gudnadottir is also an accomplished cellist, her work being most recently featured in season 2 of Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
Phillips’s The Joker film will reportedly tell a very different side of the Clown Prince of Crime, one which Phoenix is calling a “character study”. GLOW‘s Marc Maron most recently was confirmed to be joining the film, and rumors persist that Robert De Niro will somehow be involved too.
The film has an expected release date of October 4th, 2019, but this is of course subject to change.
We’ll let you know when we learn more about this film, and if/when confirmations of additional casting happen.
- Brett Cullen to Play Thomas Wayne in Todd Phillips' Joker Movie
- Todd Phillips Shares Photo of Joaquin Phoenix, Calls Him Arthur
- Alec Baldwin Joins the Cast of Todd Phillips' The Joker Movie
- Joaquin Phoenix Doesn't Care What You Think About His Version of the Joker
- Report: Will Hans Zimmer Score 'Wonder Woman 1984'?
- Bear McCreary Talks Composing for 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters'
- Marc Maron Confirms 'The Joker' Movie Involvement on His Podcast
- The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Movie Gets a 2019 Release Date
- Joaquin Phoenix Talks His "Character Study" Joker Movie
- The Hans Zimmer Composer Roundtable Featuring Ramin Djawadi, Henry Jackman and More
- Mondo Is Releasing Bear McCreary's God of War Soundtrack on Vinyl