Just days after Raw General Manager Kurt Angle was sent on a “vacation” by Commissioner Stephanie McMahon, another high-ranking WWE official has reportedly been ousted. This time, it’s Michael Luisi, president of WWE Studios, the film production company which brought us such hits as The Marine, The Marine 2, The Marine 3, The Marine 4, Ruff Ruff Ref, and That One Movie with Kane. The company has also been working on Fighting With My Family, the dramatization of a documentary about the life of Smackdown General Manager Paige, as well as a biopic of Vince McMahon, CEO and Genetic Jackhammer of WWE. Luisi was spearheading a totally achievable plan to make WWE Studios the next Marvel.
According to a report from punctuality-obsessed Hollywood dirt sheet Deadline, Luisi lost a Loser Leaves Town match with WWE Co-President Michelle Wilson, resulting in his leaving the company. It’s unclear whether the power struggle was related to the ongoing one between Kurt Angle, Stephanie McMahon, and Raw Constable Baron Corbin.
While WWE looks to find a replacement president (what’s Vicky Guerrero up to?), the studio will reportedly be run by Williams and Timothy Schmidt, who has been promoted to WWE Studios Constable from his role as biz affairs exec.
- Rousey, Flair, Bryan, Lesnar, and Enzo Amore Top WWE Survivor Series Highlights - November 19, 2018
- Goodbye, Stan Lee [X-ual Healing 11-14-18] - November 18, 2018
- Ex-NYPD Cop Who Got Marvel’s Ike Perlmutter a Gun Permit Says He Received Movie Premiere Tickets at Bribery Trial - November 18, 2018
- Ending the Political Divide Between Liberals and Conservatives in Spider-Force #2 - November 17, 2018
- Stand Your Ground Laws Tested in Next Week’s Immortal Hulk #9 - November 17, 2018