This week, Warframe will be getting a new update from Digital Extremes, which will bring with it the new warframe into the mix with “Mask of the Revenant”. We got the full details of what this new addition will bring and just how powerful it can be, along with all the challenges coming to the update. But overall, it looks frighteningly badass!
Originally envisioned by concept artist Keith Thompson while designing the colossal Eidolons for last year’s open-world expansion, Plains of Eidolon, the Revenant Warframe continues the development team’s exploration of the ‘darker’ Warframes. Mixing Eidolon light energy into its aesthetics and weapon design, Digital Extremes’ dev team has created a warrior possessing Sentient-afflicted Abilities and weapons.
Key features in the Mask of the Revenant Update include:
- The Revenant Warframe — Abilities:
- ENTHRALL: Convert a target into a zealous thrall. Thralls turn on their allies and enthrall through damage. On death, they disintegrate into a damaging pillar of energy. The thrall horde remains under Revenants spell until this ability runs out.
- MESMER SKIN: Become enveloped in Sentient energy, redirecting damage and stunning all those who dare attack. Stunned enemies can be Enthralled at no energy cost.
- REAVE: Dash through thralls as a wall of sentient energy, leeching shields and health from any encountered, doubled for thralls.
- DANSE MACABRE: Erupt with a multitude of Eidolon energy beams and sweep a circle of death around Revenant. Incoming damage is redirected to the beams. Hold fire to boost range and damage, while also increasing energy consumption. Thralls killed by this leave overshield pickups.
- Reinforcements: Look forward to wielding the Phantasma shotgun, trying on the Vetala Armor and Vania Alt Helmet, outfitting your Kavat with Kasha Kavat Armor and playing with new Dojo Decorations.
But that is not all! A new challenge has swept across the Origin System, transforming your Orbiter into a battleground. Frame Fighter arrived just last week! Challenge friends in a light fighting mini-game inspired by classic fighting games and long-time Warframe Fan LocoCrazy_! Rain down a flurry of light, medium, and heavy attacks with one of the 35 Warframes available to play, each with a special Ability unique to it.
Visit Cephalon Simaris and acquire the Ludoplex — a new home for all of Warframe’s mini-games — through Standing. Choose from Excalibur, Volt and Mag, each with their unique Ability. Unlock additional Frame Fighter characters by discovering Fragments throughout the game. If the scanned Warframe’s Prime is in your Inventory, you can toggle to the Prime version of the acquired character.
Additionally, blast enemies in the side-scrolling ‘Wyrmius’ mini-game, and flap your way through obstacles with the ‘Happy Zephyr’ mini-game, both available through Simaris. These games are still available through more secret means, if you know where to look!
- Digital Extremes Releases More Info on Warframe's Next DLC
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November
- Warframe Announces More Modes and Details at TennoCon 2018
- Digital Extremes Officially Announces Warframe for Nintendo Switch
- Warframe's New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console
- Warframe: The Sacrifice's Launch Trailer is Here
- Warframe Announces New Story Update: The Sacrifice
- 2018 Hearthstone All-Star Invitational Returns to Taiwan in December - November 13, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s First DLC “The Forge” is Released - November 13, 2018
- VRV is Currently Hosting “The History of PlayStation” Documentary - November 13, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Reveals Images from New Breath of the Wild Book - November 13, 2018
- Corsair Announces Gaming Keyboard and Mice Support for Xbox One - November 13, 2018