We’re going to learn more about the core four mutants of The Gifted season 2. There are still a lot of holes in the timeline as far as characters and what exactly happened in this world.
Jamie Chung, who plays Blink, aka Clarice Fong, spoke to TV Guide and said that the backstory of Thunderbird, aka John Proudstar, played by Blair Redford, is coming in season 2:
“[You’ll get] real insight to something really quiet and intimate about the [Thunderbird and Blink],” teases Chung, who notes that the couple will be very domesticated when the show returns. “In Episode 3, lots of things are revealed about his past.”
We know that Thunderbird was a veteran before everything went to hell in this world, so maybe we’ll get to explore what it’s like being a veteran who is also a mutant. The Gifted isn’t shying away from the little parts of world building, like how they lose all of their rights the second someone labels them as dangerous. It’s one of the best parts of the series, and they could really explore it in interesting ways with Thunderbird.
Summary: In a world where mutated humans are treated with distrust and fear, an institute for mutants battles to achieve peaceful co-existence with humanity.
The Gifted, created by Matt Nix, stars Stephen Moyer, Amy Acker, Natalie Alyn Lind, Percey Hynes White, Sean Teale, Emma Dumont, Jamie Chung, and Blair Redford. It will return on September 25th 2018 to FOX.
- The Gifted Season 2: Reed Strucker's Powers Will Be "Very, Very Bad News"
- The Gifted Season 2: Caitlin Strucker is "Hardened by Grief"
- The Gifted Season 2: New Promo, Trask Industries, and a New Mutant
- Polaris Is Getting to Give Birth in This First Look at The Gifted Season 2
- The Gifted Season 2: Emma Dumont Answers Some Fan Questions
- 6 Promo Pictures for the Second Season of The Gifted
- Fox Sets Fall Premiere Dates for The Gifted, Bob's Burgers, Family Guy, and More
- Jim Chory, Co-Head of Marvel Television, Leaves the Company