SEGA formally announced what they’ll have in store for PAX West next week, and they’ve got a lineup worth paying attention to. The company will be showcasing several games and events at the convention, including demos and presentations for Total War: THREE KINGDOMS, Team Sonic Racing, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2, Persona 3: Dancing in the Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in the Starlight. Here’s the full details below from their press release this morning.
Placing First: Team Sonic Racing
First off the blocks as always is the blue blur himself. Team Sonic Racing, developed by the award-winning studio Sumo Digital, combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing experience, featuring your favorite characters from across the Sonic Universe. Visitors at PAX will have the opportunity to race on the newly revealed track Ice Mountain, and play as Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose or Team Vector.
Get Ready for Total War
The latest in Creative Assembly’s legendary Total War series, Total War: THREE KINGDOMS is set to showcase some exciting content of its own. The hands-on demo will give players the opportunity to explore the exotic lands of ancient China in a campaign map flythrough before being thrust into the midst of a night-time ambush battle. Sun Jian’s army, led by Sun Ren and Sun Quan, face either a desperate defence against waves of incoming heroes and warriors or a gruelling fight to escape with what remains of their forces, and live to fight another day.
Japanese Games Galore
As if that wasn’t enough, SEGA is bringing a whopping four games to the show floor! With tactical RPG Valkyria Chronicles 4, frantic action/adventure Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, and the hugely anticipated rhythm games Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, they will be hosting a collection of some of the hottest Japanese IP on the planet. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to play everything!
Last but by no means least is Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 which after a successful initial release in Japan, has just launched worldwide in English so that all fans of the Shin Megami Tensei series from ATLUS can finally play the renowned post-apocalyptic RPG on their mobile devices. Swing by the SEGA booth’s presentation stage for a chance to see one of the daily appearances by Producer Norio Furuichi, who also previously worked on “Virtua Tennis” series and “CYBER TROOPERS VIRTUAL-On Force”.
“A SEGA Perspective: Bringing Japanese Games to the West,” Saturday at 1:30PM PT, Wyvern Theatre
Don’t miss SEGA’s panel, featuring director of localization Sam Mulle, associate localization producer Andrew Davis, and EU PR Manager Sarah Wellock as they reveal previously untold secrets and nuanced details about how Japanese games are localized and published for the western audience. For those not at the show, you can view this panel at twitch.tv/pax3.
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Releases a New Video on the Art of Espionage
- Check Out Tanita's Virtual-On Twin-Stick from CES 2019
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Releases a New Cinematic Trailer
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Has Rewritten the Diplomacy System
- SEGA Releases the Team Sonic Racing Video from Tokyo Game Show
- Yakuza 4 HD Recasts Protagonist Before the Game's Release in Japan
- Etrian Odyssey Nexus Receives Its First Trailer From Atlus
- Yakuza Studio To Announce a New IP in September
- PAX West Will Increase Security Following Jacksonville Shooting
- Atlus Releases New Screenshots and Art for Persona Q2
- Square Enix Reveal Their Lineup and Events for PAX West 2018
- Total War: Three Kingdoms Announced for Gamescom by SEGA
- Jagex Opens Up Third-Party Publishing Initiative Ahead of Gamescom
- Ben Schwartz to Voice Sonic in the Sonic the Hedgehog Movie
- Little Medusa Released as a Cartridge Game for SNES and Genesis
- SEGA Shows Off a Team Gameplay Video for Team Sonic Racing