Nintendo made two big announcements when it came to PAX West this week. The first was their lineup and the second was a new Nindies video! First off, the company will be showing a new Nindies Showcase video live on multiple streaming feeds on August 28th at 9 a.m. PDT. Much like last year, we’re expecting to see several indie titles be announced as coming to the Switch, both old and new.
The second piece of business was their plans for the event, and we have a snippet from their press release this morning for you here. Right now, these are the confirmed games that you’ll see at the company’s booth. This year is a mix of new games like Super Mario Party and Diablo III along with things we already saw at E3 like Pokémon: Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
“Many of our biggest fans descend on Seattle every year to celebrate video games at PAX West,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “It’s the perfect venue for us to interact directly with our fans with fun activities and engaging hands-on demos with some of our upcoming games.” …
Nintendo’s booth will also be home to a giant mural inspired by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The massive banner will display all the announced fighters in the upcoming Nintendo Switch game and is a great place for fans to snap pictures and share them on social media. Fans who cosplay as a character from the game can even find their matching character and take a photo.
The scheduled list of playable games at Nintendo’s booth is as follows:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate from Nintendo
- Super Mario Party from Nintendo
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! from Nintendo
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! from Nintendo
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas from Ubisoft
- DRAGON BALL FighterZ from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection from Blizzard Entertainment
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes from Grasshopper Manufacture Inc.
- SNK HEROINES ~Tag Team Frenzy~ from NIS America
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Gets Another a New Trailer This Week
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Receives a New Trailer
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Gets DLC Character Jeanne D’Arc
- Pokémon: Let’s Go Will Have a Tamagotchi Collaboration
- SNK 40th Anniversary Edition Announced First Batch of DLC Content
- New Super Mario Party Trailer Highlights the Game's Joy-Con Features
- The Controls for Super Mario Party Controls Are Apparently Wonky and Limited
- Bandai Namco Tease Andoird 17 as Latest Dragon Ball FighterZ Chatacter
- Diablo III: Eternal Collection Will Hit Nintendo Switch in November
- Channeling Your Inner Troll with the Untitled Goose Game at PAX West
- Stacking Our Way to Success with Treasure Stack at PAX West
- Don't Lose Your Head Over King of the Hat at PAX West
- PAX West Will Increase Security Following Jacksonville Shooting
- Blizzard Disables Loot Boxes for Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm in Belgium
- The 2019 Pokémon World Championships Are Going to D.C.
- MercuryStream Adds Valeria Robespierre to the Spacelords Roster
- Square Enix Reveal Their Lineup and Events for PAX West 2018
- Rockfish Games is Bringing Everspace to the Nintendo Switch
- Windjammers 2 Has Been Announced... No, Really
- Ubisoft Says Rainbow Six Siege Will Not Come to the Nintendo Switch
- The Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest Will Revolve Around Utensils
- NIS America Confirms Etna Mode for Disgaea 1 Complete Trailer