It’s time for some new Venom pictures. The Sony Pictures Spider-Man-but-not-Spider-Man spinoff is due in theaters in a little a little over a month. Sony appears to be betting the farm on Venom doing well and has staked pretty much their entire Spider-Man series on it. We don’t know if that’s going to work out for them just yet, but we do have some new information to share. USA Today shared a new image but also spoke to director Ruben Fleischer about his influences, the biggest of which is An American Werewolf in London with plenty of Jekyll and Hyde in there as well.
“In the classic Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing, he’s the real Hyde,” Fleischer says. “He’ll rip somebody’s head off and eat their brains. There’s this forbidden-fruit quality of this guy who will just do whatever he wants.”
It’s not all doom and gloom, though, as Fliescher says that some humor mixed in as well from the “silly tongue always dangling out of his mouth that kind of undercuts the ferociousness of the jaws.”
Over at Total Film we got a new image of star Tom Hardy facing off with some bad guys as a human and a new cover that shows a bit more of the character.
Summary: When Eddie Brock acquires the powers of a symbiote, he will have to release his alter-ego “Venom” to save his life.
Venom, directed by Ruben Fleischer, will star Tom Hardy, Riz Ahmed, Jenny Slate, Reid Scott, and Michelle Williams. It will be released on October 5th.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 5: Promo, Summary, and a Giant Octopus - November 13, 2018
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Noir Inspired Poster - November 12, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Nick Zano Explains Why He Isn’t in Tonight’s Episode - November 12, 2018
- New Banner for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Teases the Various Spider-People - November 12, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says Most People Are Unfamiliar with the Eternals and That’s a Good Thing - November 12, 2018