Deep Silver has announced that Shenmue 3 will finally be coming next year, landing in August 2019.
Shenmue 3 has been a long time coming. Even only taking into consideration its announcement, let alone the 17 years since the last main title game, it’s been a long ol’ while. I remember the roof nearly coming off the room when it was announced back at E3 2015 during Sony’s press conference, but that was over three years ago already, and we’ve only been given sparing glimpses since then. This was made a little worse earlier this year when it was announced the game was getting pushed back to 2019.
Well, we do finally have what looks to be the games’ final release date and we still have a bit of a wait on our hands. At Gamescom, Deep Silver announced that Shenmue 3 would finally come to fan hands in about a year on August 27th, 2019, on PlayStation 4 and PC. While many might have liked it a little sooner, it’s nice to have the date confirmed. More than that, the title has a trailer to accompany the announcement too. It’s slight, but hey, another glimpse at the game never goes amiss.
I still feel, despite all this time in development and the trailers we’ve seen, we don’t have a great idea of what Shenmue 3 will actually play like. Most of what we have seen has been environment and character shots, but hopefully, in the coming months, we might be given a better understanding of what the moment to moment is going to look like.
- Destiny 2’s Next DLC Set to Launch December 4th - November 16, 2018
- THQ Nordic has 35 Unannounced Projects After Acquiring Two New Studios - November 14, 2018
- Overwatch League Team Chengdu Hunters Revealed - November 13, 2018
- Ark: Survival Evolved Hit All Time Peak Players On Steam This Weekend - November 13, 2018
- Despite Activision’s Comments, Destiny 2 Director Says Bungie Aren’t Disappointed With Forsaken - November 12, 2018