The next book in the Masked Republic Luchaverse, the new shared comics universe featuring top Lucha Libre stars and icons from Chido Comics, the production team behind the Lucha Underground comics and Joey Ryan: Big in Japan, and Masked Republic, who represent the biggest stars of Mexican professional wrestling, is almost here! Rey Mysterio’s one-shot launched during San Diego Comic-Con, and the next Lucha legends to get their own book are Penta Zero M and Rey Fenix in the Lucha Brothers #1 one-shot. Written by Marco Lopez and Ivan Plaza, with art by Javier Caba, Lucha Brothers #1 is out in September. And Bleeding Cool has got the EXCLUSIVE preview.
Masked Republic Luchaverse: Lucha Brothers #1 One-Shot
(W) Marco Lopez, Ivan Plaza
(A/CA) Javier Caba
They are arguably the greatest tag team in modern day lucha libre. Brothers, Penta Zero M and Rey Fenix, were orphaned at birth and raised by missionaries who traveled the world teaching them about a multitude of cultures… and each one’s fighting style. Now, as adults, simply being one of the greatest luchadores isn’t enough for Penta! With the help of his brother, he has found the location of an ancient power that he believes can make them the greatest warriors the world has ever known!
Lucha Brothers #1, which will be released on September 8th, can be preordered right now at TheLuchaverse.com, and will soon be coming to local comic shops. You can keep up with news about the Luchaverse here. Stay tuned for more, including an interview with writers Marco Lopez and Ivan Plaza, and check out the preview below.
- Captain Lars Stars in “Epic, Mind-Bending Adventure” for February’s Steven Universe #25 - November 20, 2018
- 2 Covers for Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1 and #2 by Jen Bartel and Ryan Inzana - November 20, 2018
- Because U Demanded It: David Manak and Warren Kremer’s Ewoks Collected in February - November 20, 2018
- Chris Claremont’s Early Iron Fist Work Collected in Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Complete Collection - November 20, 2018
- Cyclops and Wolverine Rebuild the X-Men in February, Starting With Another 8 Dollar Issue - November 20, 2018