Yesterday, something happened in World Wrestling Entertainment that hasn’t been seen in a very long time. No, we’re not talking about a title match on Raw now that Roman Reigns defeated Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship in SummerSlam. We mean that a professional wrestler actually got to take a vacation!
Normally, pro wrestlers working for WWE only take time off when they’ve become injured because they never take time off. It’s a lot like the comics news business, except everyone in wrestling is in much better shape. But things changed on last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw when Stephanie McMahon forced Raw General Manager Kurt Angle to take a vacation.
It happened after McMahon was placed in an armbar by Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey during a championship presentation ceremony, with Angle nowhere to be found to stop it. Earlier in the night, Raw Constable Baron Corbin was also beat up in a match made by Angle with Bobby Lashley. Feeling that Angle’s decision-making wasn’t up to par, McMahon said that Angle would be required to take a vacation and named Corbin acting Raw General Manager in his stead, though McMahon promised the vacation wouldn’t be “permanent.”
Shocked by the events and trying to come to terms with what exactly a vacation is, Angle took to Instagram to post:
View this post on Instagram
I’m really sorry that I won’t be on Monday Night Raw for a little while. I enjoyed every minute of it with the WWEUniverse. I was told by @stephaniemcmahon that I need a vacation. I don’t know if it’s temporary or permanent. I Hope I will be back sooner than later. Thank you WWEUniverse. Much Love. #itstrue
Hopefully, Angle doesn’t feel too relaxed by the time this strange experience is over. Other wrestlers might start to get ideas.
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018
- Marvel Unlimited Comes Into the Spider-Verse With Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham - December 12, 2018
- Is Tom Taylor Planning to Kill the DC Universe? - December 12, 2018
- Mark Bagley and Chip Zdarsky Launch a Mini-Series Where Spider-Man Ages in Real Time - December 12, 2018
- That Time Bruce Wayne Teamed Up With Donald Trump… In Real Life?! - December 12, 2018