Techland is launching their own battle royale game with Dying Light as the template as you’ll soon be getting Dying Light: Bad Blood. This morning, the company released details that the game would be coming to Steam’s Early Access in September, along with the news that people attending Gamescom can try it out.
The game will run like a lot of other titles in the genre, only with the caveat of running on an already established title and making improvements to it constantly as fans dictate. Here’s a quote from the press release.
“We’ve always been keen to add more PvP multiplayer to Dying Light. We’ve read all of the messages from players on social media and forums, and multiplayer has been a hot topic. We’ve also seen how players have embraced Be the Zombie and that inspired us to expand on multiplayer. But we want to do it in the Dying Light way, where this world swarming with infected is just as much a threat as the other players.” — says Maciej Łączny, Executive Producer. “This is how Dying Light: Bad Blood came to life, a game based on these key principles: the freedom and fast pace of parkour movement, the constant threat of the Infected, and the creative brutality of melee combat. Combined they offer an all-new brutal royale experience. Now we encourage the community to help us fine-tune the game before its release.”
The game is going to be intended as a free-to-play title on PC and consoles as it comes out, but there is the option of buying a Founder’s Pack for $20 to get a bunch of exclusive skins and gear, if you wish. The biggest difference between this and other titles like H1Z1, PUBG, and Fortnite is that the games will be 12-player rounds, making for faster matchups and games, but also making it you vs. zombies vs. other players all at the same time.
No official date was given as to when we’d see Dying Light: Bad Blood appear on Early Access, but we’re guessing you’ll also see this at PAX West this year, so earliest would probably be the second week of September.
- The Dev Team of Dying Light 2 Thanks Fanbase in New Video
- Dataminers Find Three New Weapons in Fortnite
- Square Enix Reveal Their Lineup and Events for PAX West 2018
- We Got a Preview of Dying Light 2 at E3 That Shows Great Promise
- Dying Light 2 Sends You Running Through The Zombie Ridden Streets Again
- Dying Light Drops Its 10th and Final Free DLC Today
- From The Rumor Mill: Are We Getting Dying Light 2 at E3?
- Dying Light: Bad Blood Adds a Twist to Battle Royale Matches
- Activision Brags About Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Opening Day Sales - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone 2018 HCT Fall Championship Finals: bloodyface vs. lnguagehackr - October 14, 2018
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Will Take Up 89 GB on Xbox One - October 14, 2018
- Pokémon Café in Tokyo Will Have a Special Pokémon: Let’s Go Menu - October 14, 2018
- Hearthstone HCT Fall Championship: Day 2 – Semifinals - October 14, 2018