There appears to be some dissent among The Witcher fanbase recently, as a leaked “script” selection from the upcoming Netflix show caused some… concern. We won’t link to the leak, but you can find it if you look for it.
Showrunner Lauren S. Hissrich took to twitter to explain that the “script” leak was actually from the casting side and that fans shouldn’t worry. [Casting sides are snippets of script/dialogue written just for auditions; often times they do not contain actual lines from the true script.]
Remember when I said that casting sides would leak and not to worry because they are not real scenes or scenarios or even storylines from the show?
It happened. As we knew it would. Don’t worry. All is okay in the #Witcher world.
— Lauren S. Hissrich (@LHissrich) August 15, 2018
She also commented on the “passionate” debate fans were having about the Geralt and Yennifer relationship in The Witcher:
It’s fascinating to watch the PASSIONATE debate about Geralt’s and Yen’s thoughts/emotions/intentions on the casting sides. Everything from “this reads like canon” to “Geralt would NEVER say that word.” I only hope #Witcher fans are as invested in the, you know, actual series.😊
— Lauren S. Hissrich (@LHissrich) August 16, 2018
Aside from being showrunner on The Witcher series for Netflix, Hissrich is also the head writer and has been very forthcoming with her process on the show.
While we don’t have any news on actual casting yet, we’re hoping for something to be revealed, possibly at New York Comic Con.
- 'Wheel of Time' Showrunner Asks What Fans What They Want in Series
- More Witcher Casting is Underway, Showrunner Teases
- 'The Witcher': Henry Cavill Comments on Geralt Casting
- Henry Cavill Confirmed to Star in Netflix's Adaptation of The Witcher
- Jeffrey Wright the Wolf Expert in Trailer for 'Hold the Dark'
- BossLogic Designs Henry Cavill as Geralt in 'The Witcher' TV Show Poster
- Lauren S. Hissrich Talks Netflix's 'The Witcher', Teases End of Season 1
- The Witcher Series Will Get Another Game, but It Won't Be The Witcher 4
- Some Witcher Fans Concerned That Netflix Show is Too Diverse
- Netflix's Witcher Series Will Probably Premiere in 2020 with Eight Episodes
- Something The Witcher Based Is Getting Revealed Today
- Live From Games Workshop 500th Store Celebration - October 21, 2018
- What Kate Mulgrew Said About Captain Janeway Returning to Star Trek - October 20, 2018
- W. Earl Brown With Another ‘Deadwood’ Movie Update - October 20, 2018
- Wanna See a ‘The Simpsons’ 2018 Treehouse of Horror XXIX Clip? - October 20, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Diana Gabaldon on [SPOILER]’S Return for Season 4 - October 20, 2018