Activision has officially announced the launch date for the highly anticipated new game from FromSoftware, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Sekiro is a third-person, action-adventure game with RPG elements, and is currently slated to release globally on March 22, 2019. To celebrate, fans attending Gamescom this week in Cologne, Germany will be among the first in the world to play the game. Additionally, the publisher announced the game’s collector’s edition features which includes several collectible items. Both the standard and collector’s editions will be available for pre-order starting today in select markets.
To accompany the launch announcement, FromSoftware also revealed new gameplay details about the prosthetic tools belonging to the “one-armed wolf” protagonist can be reconstructed to unlock new actions like powerful charge attacks.
At Gamescom, fans will finally be able to experience the unique and varied features as well as sample the game’s rich sense of tension for the first time. The list of playable features includes:
- Sword Combat: The core combat in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is measured by an intense clash of steel. Players will take command of special Sword Arts to supplement their regular attacks, and tear down enemy defenses before sealing the final blow.
- Shinobi Prosthetic: Players can equip and switch between a variety of unique Prosthetic Tools to find the weakness of a formidable enemy. Additionally, tools such as the Grappling Hook can be utilized to bring an extra dimension to exploration and traversal throughout the world of the game.
- Resurrection: Used as an opportunity for a tactical retreat or to deceive an enemy and go on the counter-offensive, this new combat strategy allows players to resurrect on the spot, even after a hasty death.
“We can’t wait for fans to finally get their hands on Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice,” said Steve Young, Chief Revenue Officer at Activision. “Fans will get a taste of the multiple tools available for the prosthetic shinobi arm this week at Gamescom, and will be able to fully dive into the brutal, dark world of 1500s Sengoku Japan when the game launches on March 22, 2019.”
The Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Collector’s Edition, available now for pre-order at select retailers, delivers fans the following collectible items:
- Full Game
- 7” Shinobi Statue
- Collectible Artbook
- Digital Soundtrack
- Replica Game Coins
Developed by FromSoftware, fans will find familiarity in the gritty Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay where combat reigns supreme. Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a single-player game that puts players in the protagonist role of a hard-hearted warrior whose mission is to rescue his master, a young lord, and exact revenge on his arch nemesis. Players will enjoy combining features, such as vertical traversal, with visceral head-to-head battle to fulfill their destiny in a vast world filled with beautiful vistas, enormous castles, bizarre weaponry, and fearsome enemies.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will launch on March 22nd, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam.
- Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XV are Hosting a Crossover - December 12, 2018
- Amy Hennig to Receive Life Achievement Award at GDC 2019 - December 12, 2018
- Fallout 76 Now Under Fire for Lazy Ultrawide Mode Update - December 12, 2018
- Wintersday Festival Kicks Off in Guild Wars 2 Today - December 12, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV’s Comrades Mode Goes Solo Today - December 12, 2018